Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) Bridge
Everett+1 (425) 212-4210
|7016 Evergreen Way, Everett, WA 98203|
The Bridge Nursing Assistant training program is a way for Home Care Aides-Certified (HCA-C) to become Nursing Assistant-Certified (NAC) by “bridging” the gap of knowledge between what an HCA is taught and what a NAC needs to know. The Bridge is a 24 hour course divided into three days: 8 hours of classroom, 8 hours of skills lab, and 8 hours of clinical.
After passing the Bridge program, students receive a certificate of completion. Students are then eligible to take the state competency test to become Nursing Assistant Certified.
Active Home Care Aid Certification (HCA-C)
(please note we are no longer offering this program for Medical Assistants)
Please note: all required documentation must be submitted to Sunrise no later than noon one week before the first day of class in order to attend the desired session.
– Current CPR Certification
– Negative 2-step TB test,TB Blood Test, or Chest X-Ray that is less than 1 year old from class
– Criminal History Background check through DSHS that is less than 1 year old from class
– Flu vaccine (if in season)
– Picture ID
– Completed Forms (Training Coordinator Will Provide you)
-Textbook read in-full prior to class & homework completed
– Uniform of Solid colored scrubs and closed-toe shoes
– Blood pressure Cuff*
– Gait Belt*
– Advised: Second hand watch
* You may purchase these materials through Sunrise or provide your own for class
Students that do not submit all required documentation by the deadline for class will be dropped from the session. 1 discounted re-enrollment of 50% of current enrollment fees for another session within 90 days of the original class will be allowed if dropped from class.
Additional Class Information
– Bridge Text Book, NA Candidate Handbook, and Bridge HCA-C Additional Information Booklet must be read in-full prior to class.
– Required Workbook Homework is due day 1 of class
– Students need to be ready to take written exam based off textbook on day 1 of class
– Longman’s Dictionary of the American English is the only dictionary allowed during testing
– Students should be aware artificial nails are not allowed at the clinical site
– This class requires 14+ days notice to first day of class to cancel with a refund for cost of course.
– Reschedule fees to move sessions due to the small capacity of this specialized program apply and require 7 or more days written notice.
– Refer to the prerequisites, expectations, and policies form received in your paperwork packet for full list of bridge policies.
Jobs & Careers
Program graduates work as NA-C in extended care facilities, hospitals, clinics, and home health agencies. Others work in residential care facilities, halfway houses, homes for the elderly or disabled, or in private households.
Employment of NAC is expected to grow much faster than the average for all occupations in response to an emphasis on rehabilitation and the long-term care needs of a rapidly aging population. The Bridge alternative program will provide continued opportunity for recruitment and career advancement in nursing.
Tuition & Required Books*= $425
*If books not picked up, add $30 for shipping
BP Cuff and Stethoscope = $25 (or bring your own)
Gait Belt = $15 (or bring your own)