What do I need to know?
- Specialty courses for mental health & dementia are offered monthly at both our locations for $75 each.
- Each topic is a 1 day training with a written exam at the end which must be passed with 80% or higher.
- Students that do not pass the exam will be notified. Retesting must be completed within 30 days of class during one of our available test dates (Tuesdays @ 9am).
- These courses are not available online per State requirements
Upon successful completion, students will receive a 8 hour Specialty certificate which can be used:
- To meet job requirements for AFH or Assisted Living
- To count toward population specific training hours
- For 8 hours continuing education (no separate CE certificate needed per State).
- Please note that the State no longer offers a separate manager version of these courses, but all certificates will show, “meets management requirement.”